Where can find BRG paint?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Where can find BRG paint?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 14:53:42 EST
<< Q. 3) The color, British Racing Green, ...how can I make sure I get an
"official" Triumph color? Do I need to buy a can of paint from Moss
Motors, spray once on a sheet of paper, and have the body guy match it?
Or is there some code the paint supplier can follow?

A. This is sorta difficult. I just took a stab at my color. There is a
Triumph Racing Green and I am not sure what the difference is. Good Luck
on this one. >>

Hello,
I ordered Triumph Racing Green and British Racing Green from Rimmer Bros in
England in 'touch-tin cans'. The TRG paint is quite a bit lighter green in
fact a sticker on the bottom of the can reads'Light British Racing Green"?!?
The BRG sample is tha same 'darkness' as my 'in the door jam' color on my '64
TR4 but otherwise this new paint has visibly black pigment in it whereas my
old paint is beautiful dark green color through and through. I don't like the
'muddy' look of the new paint I got - does anyone have a good formula/supplier
for excellent British Racing Green paint?
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74