I bought the MGB-GT...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I bought the MGB-GT...
From: HolePuncher <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 23:29:51 -0800
Thanks to those that responded re: the value of an 1970 MGB-GT.  I bought
it for US$500.

The car has five painted wire wheels, an excellent body with almost zero
rust, killer chrome, ok seats, new exhaust system, and a good headliner.
The dash is slightly cracked, it has no carpet, and the previous owner
never washed his engine compartment.  He converted it to dual SUs and all
the electricals seem to work.  I'll probably fire it up only to find that
the engine is shot.  It looks like I can lift the engine out with one hand
while I unbolt it with the other.  I plan to rebuild it regardless.

I don't think I got hurt...

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6 daily driver
'71 TR6 daily driver with BRAND NEW INTERIOR! yah baby!
'70 MGB-GT  "no, that's not my bag baby" (Austin Powers, when confronted
with his Swedish Penis Enlarger Pump.)