Re: TR6 gearbox cover

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 gearbox cover
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 19:11:08 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Pete,
The plastic cover fits much better than the fiberglass but not quite as well as
the molded
 fiberboard. The seals need a little trimming, but work well if adhered to the
cover prior to fitting up. Clean the bolt holes with a tap and lubricate them
lightly. I cut an inspection hole and replaced the rubber plug from the
fiberboard. You may want to consider this option.
Good luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO