Re: POR15

To: Michael Graham <mgraham@achilles.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: POR15
From: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 13:04:33 -0800
I used it this summer to deal with some superficial rust caused by paint
shedding from a leaking master cylinder. I figured that while I am treating
one little spot I might as well do the whole area behind the dash/firewall
on my Spit. It was very effective & I am quite happy with it. I would
definitely recommend it to my fellow listers. The fact that it 'toughens'
up in the presence of moisture makes me even more happy with it. I remember
a story told on the Mercedes list a few years ago of a fellow that treated
the trunk floor of his mid 70's (highly rust prone period) Merc with POR
15. He was later involved in an accident. While the rear of the car
basically disintegrated because it was a spiderweb of rust, the trunk floor
survived as a single piece.