TR6 axle shafts

To: Truimph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 axle shafts
From: gknight <gknight2@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 21:28:48 -0500
I think i know the dreadful answer but i'll ask anyway. should there be
or what is the allowable play/movement in the spines on the axle shafts?
I'm pretty sure mine are now very much less than accetable as there is
quite a bit of play some side to side and some in the direction of
travel. can/will this damage the diff if it is driven this way? anyone
have any axles just taking up space (read cheap) that are in decent
shape? i assume it's fairly common for these to wear out.

thanks for you time

gary