Re: TR 6 wiring diagram

To: DANMAS@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR 6 wiring diagram
From: tomomalley@meganet.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:59:58 GMT
Dan writes...

>Frank,
>
>I only have '71 models, so I'm going to extrapulate from them, and hope it's
>right. It will be very easy to you check it though, so please let me know it
>I'm right. Where the '76 diagram has the x'd circles, the '71 has a symbol
>that looks sorta like this ] This symbol represents the plug from the rear
>wiring harness to the main harness, located in the floor board close to the
>firewall on the driver's side.
>
>The hourglasses represent the contacts in the plug to the hazard switch, I
>believe.

Trying to suss out the use of these symbols in the Hayne's/Spitfire
books right now.  Not having an easy time of it because there's no
consistent pattern.  Too,  the early gray book has fewer and less
varied symbols then the later blue edition.

>I have never seen a correct wiring diagram for the '76 around the area of the
>starter relay. The '74 models had the starter relay interconnected with the
>seat belt interlock, but this interlock was bypassed on the '75, and removed
>from the '76.

This progression is the same for the 1500s.

> It looks as if the draftsman was instructed to modify the
>diagram to reflect this, but got off on another project just after eliminating
>the old wiring but before he had a chance to add in the new.

I'd be willing to bet money on this!  <g>

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
'74, '77 Spits