Re: Solvent for parts washers/Scrubbing Bubbles.

To: Jim Leavitt <jleavitt@medai.com>
Subject: Re: Solvent for parts washers/Scrubbing Bubbles.
From: Jim Bauder <JimBPPS@att.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:48:12 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

I'm afraid I've never tried the Dow Bathroom Cleaner as an engine
cleaner. I had my engine already pulled out when I thought to try it on
the inside of the fenders and the fender wells. It doesn't seem to harm
the paint and rinses clean and with no streaks.

The beauty of the cleaner is it works so well on both the muddy road
dirt residue and oil and grease. However, on the heavy grease on the
under side of the car, especially inside the driveline tunnel, I first
scraped it with a plastic putty knife and even had to use some of the
cleaning solvent from the parts washer, to cut the heaviest crud.

Good luck,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3
Palo Alto, CA