A.R.E. TR6 wheels wanted?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A.R.E. TR6 wheels wanted?
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:03:36 -0800
OK, here I am again, another desparate attempt to find a TR nut like me who
has an "extra" American Racing Equipment wheel.  I've bombed the list with
a similar message twice before, but it's been at least a year since then,
so I thought I'd give it another shot!

I have three American Racing Equipment aluminum wheels that fit TR6.
Actually, "fit" is getting a little loose with the language, as it is
necessary either to use spacers under the wheels or grind off the ends of
the upper wishbones in order to make them fit.  At any rate, these are 4
spoke wheels, they are 5.5 inches wide and 15 inches in diameter.  These
are not to be confused with another version that A.R.E. made that were 6
inches wide.  I need the 5.5 incher as my other three are all 5.5 inches.

If this strikes a chord with anyone, let me know directly and I'll send you
an image so we can make sure we're talking about the same thing.  I've had
these three wheels for nearly 10 years and have never been able to find the
fourth... at least not one that wasn't damaged!

Thanks,

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6