Re: '75 Spit fuel tank worth?

To: Toni Thorn <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>
Subject: Re: '75 Spit fuel tank worth?
From: "M. Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 17:15:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Toni Thorn wrote:

> What's a fair price to pay for a clean fuel tank from a '75 spit?
>
> harve
>
> TThorn@comp.uark.edu

Spitfire fuel tanks are getting harder and harder to find these days,
and finding a clean one is harder still.
So you may discover that the price is higher than you want to pay.
I would use $100 as a round starting point figure, but don't be surprised
to see someone ask twice that, if the tank really is clean.  If your old
tank isn't too bad off -- has, say, rust just in the bottom seam, or a pinhole
here or there -- I'd suggest using the Eastwood's sealer system instead.
Costs about $40, last time I looked.  I used it on a Spit tank and was
happy with the results.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6