Re: Installing Shocks w/ No Engine or Body

To: moag@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Installing Shocks w/ No Engine or Body
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 18:42:15 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<<  I have an empty frame that I am
 rebuilding my front suspension on. I'm having a terrible time trying to
 compress the springs enough to mount the shock absorbers. I used a spring
 compressor that goes where the shock is to install the springs themselves,
 but that won't help now that the shocks are in. When I try jacking up the
 hub a little it just lifts the whole frame up off the stands --- not enough
 weight to compress them at all.

 Any tricks out there for compressing these when there is no weight on them?

 Thanks,

 Dave Moag
 77 Spitfire
 62 TR3B >>
Why not just wait until you have the engine/trans in and do it then?

Ken Nuelle