Re: tech: parts storage question

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: tech: parts storage question
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:20:08 -0600
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
A lot of the Dodge truck parts I've been buying for my 51 are covered in
cosmoline.  The army used lots of dodge power wagons during that era and
a lot of the parts for the power wagon are the same as the 51.  Trust me, its
no fun to try and clean off your parts after its sat for a few years.  It sure
does work though!

> Michael,
> Thanks, I was searching my tired memory banks for that word.  I remember
> that was what the Army used to protect parts that were surplus after WW2.
> I recall somebody buying a surplus Harley Davidson motorcycle and had to
> completely strip the bike down to remove all the stuff before he could
> make it go.
>
> Regards,
> Joe Curry
>
> Michael Ferguson wrote:
> >
> > I always thought it was "Cosmoline", but no idea where to find it.
> >
> > RDB52670@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > > Jim,
> > >
> > >         That goo is probalby Waxyoil.   It's available from Moss
> > >         Motors and is
> > > usually used to coat frames and chassis to prevent rust.  Don't see
> > > why it can't be used on parts in storage.
> > >
> > > Rob Brooks
> >
> > --
> > Michael Ferguson
> > Vernon CT
>
> --
> "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort."
>   -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1973  Spitfire Mk IV       (for sale or trade?)
1962 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108