2.0 to 2.5 to 2.7 liter

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2.0 to 2.5 to 2.7 liter
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:11:12 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

I'll be rebuilding the engine on the 70 GT6+ soon and have a couple of
questions.  I understand that the stock 2.0 liter six can be stroked to the
2.5 like the TR6.  Separately, I understand that you can bore a 2.5 liter
six to 2.7 liters.  Operating on the theory of 'more displacement=more
grunt' and throwing originality out the window (sorry), is it insane to
think about putting a 2.7 liter in the GT6?  If not, then would I be better
served by boring/stroking the existing 2.0 or just buying a TR6 block?
Anyone out there done this?  I'd like some input if you have.  Purists, you
can get off the floor now...  ;-0

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034L