TRF Spring Compressor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TRF Spring Compressor
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 21:23:53 -0800
I recently borrowed a spring compressor which was made
and sold by TRF.  The problem I face is that the person
who lent it to me never used it and has no idea how it
is used.

This was made by TRF and is specific for Triumphs. It
consists of a long threaded rod with the following
configuration (attached to the bar):

one bolt
second bolt
two large washers
a 1/2" thick plate that is square with one end rounded and four
  1/2" holes, one in each corner
a 1/2" thick plate that is rectangular with both ends rounded
  and 4 3/8" holes, one in each corner
two large washers
one bolt

It is apparent that this must work from the inside of the
front spring but there sin't anything to "catch" the spring
other than these 2 plates which slide losely up and down the
rod.

Could someone please describe how this works to compress the
front springs?

Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA