Re: Carb Rebuild Kit Weber #2736 DGAV

To: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Carb Rebuild Kit Weber #2736 DGAV
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:54:16 -0800
Yep,
        Suggest that what you have is a 32/36 DGAV.  Bad stamping and the 3 is
missing and the / looks like a 7?  Very common carb and kit.
Peter C

At 09:38 AM 11/18/98 -0800, Rick Gregory wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>I'm having trouble locating a rebuild kit for my '77 spitfire. I'm
>nearing completion of the engine rebuild, but so far haven't been able
>to locate a carberator repair kit. This carb came with the original
>"blown" engine and I'm transfering it to the new rebuilt motor. The
>carb in question is a weber 2-brl with the number 2736 DGAV stamped on
>it. My parts supplier says that number is not registered as a true
>spitfire carb. He is checking with a european supplier to see if
>something can be found.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions?
>
>Thanks as always,
>--Rick

Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets at 5 clubs in WI
          Feb. 5 - 7 1999