'70 GT6+ What Carbs?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '70 GT6+ What Carbs?
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:57:19 -0800 (PST)
Hello all!

I'm soliciting opinions on the following carburetor connundrum...

Facing a $300+ rebuild of my Z-S 150 CDSE Carbs (emission--read no
mixture adjustment) I'm considering just starting fresh with the $699
set offered by the big three (anyone have any experience with these?).

But, If I'm buying "new", should I go with another type for the sake
of tuneability? (I care more about useability than originality)

Or, if I just replace the worn throttle shafts and seals myself will
that alone make much difference?

(I already did the rebuild kit including seals, diaphragms and Grose
jets but noticed no major difference--still running real rich, can't
get an idle at all under about 1,200 rpm, no low end torque)

I really want to drive it some more this fall!

TIA,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ (currently carb-less in Michigan)