72 TR6 head spec

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 72 TR6 head spec
From: jworthy2@csc.com
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:48:30 +1000
Hi Listers

Seeing Brian Rickers posting re TR6 rebuild questions nade me think about
some head work I want to get done on my 72 TR6.  The issue is what is the
specification of the head I have on my car and this is where I am seeking
some advice from listers.

My engine number is in the mid 79s i.e. CC79XXXUE (sorry I don't have the
car close by).  Build Number CC80XXX.  Head Number 217388.  Questions are
for those who may have cars around these numbers and who have had the heads
off:

a)   Is this a 7.75 head?
b)   If so how much meat comes off to raise it to 9.25 - 9.5?
c)   does it have the smaller valves in it?

John