Re: TR6 frame weight

To: lee.k.janssen@lmco.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 frame weight
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:37:29 EST
In a message dated 98-11-16 13:53:03 EST, lee.k.janssen@lmco.com writes:

> Yet another stupid question from the odds and ends corner:
>  Anyone know how much a TR6 frame weighs??

Lee,

I'm going to guess around 130 - 150 pounds. I base this on the fact that I can
lift my TR6 frame and move it around the garage by myself, and that's about
the limit of what I can move. Also, a Ford engine block weighs 127 pounds, and
I can just lift it up off the floor and onto a work bench, and that seems
about the same as the frame.

I had a magazine a while back with an article on strengthening a TR4 frame,
and the author gave the weights for that. I don't have the magazine now, but I
remember the weights he gave were close to what I thought they would be. I
believe the magazine was Grassroots Motor sports, but I'm not sure. I"m
certain someone on the list will have the magazine, and report back with the
weight.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html