RE: TR6 clutch forks and the bolt trick

To: "'Pete & Aprille Chadwell'" <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 clutch forks and the bolt trick
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:54:10 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Just to clarify this...my fork looks pretty much like the one depicted at

        <http://www.sarnia.com/obsolete/catalog/tr/6clutch.html>

And I placed my gr 8 bolt at the same place as the photo indicates. Not sure
how long this will last (it's been about 4000mi so far) but it can't be
worse than the pin on its own.

> The only boss in the casting of the fork is the one
> into which the taper pin is threaded.  That doesn't
> seem like much metal to me.  Seems like drilling a
> hole in that with a grade 8 running through might actually
> cause the fork to crack and break apart if the taper pin ever
> broke.

Not to mention the problem of the pin and the bolt "crossing" each other in
the shaft if I understand your description (I might be confusing myself
though).

Good luck Pete.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---