TR6: Diff. Gasket

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6: Diff. Gasket
From: "Jack R. Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:49:48 -0600
Listers,

Having removed the diff. to repair a cracked
diff. mount, I also removed the rear cover of the diff. and
need to know what is the best gasket adhesive for this job.
TRF recemmends Wellseal, but is there something
that can be bought at your local "Car Mart"?

Also, I noticed a thin film coating the interior
surfaces. Should this be removed and if so with
what agent. I have used carb and brake spray cleaners
to remove oil and gunk in other areas. Will this suffice?

Thanks,
Jack '74 TR6