Re: How to ground the steering wheel?

To: Mark Milotay <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>, John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: How to ground the steering wheel?
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:54:09 -0700 "Re: How to ground the steering wheel?" (Nov 15, 9:37am)
        I had the same problem with my TR4. Found that there was
        intermittent conductivity through the connection between the rod and
        the pinion, which was properly grounded. I took a similar approach
        to solving the problem: routed the engine ground strap that normally
        goes between block and body in such a way that is always rubs the
        steering rod. Horns work great now!

        I'm guessing the modern grease used in the rack/pinion assembly doesn't
        conduct electricity as well as the 60's vintage. Anyone buy that
        explanation?
Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cfarwell@lucent.com