TR Racing Transmissions

To: "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR Racing Transmissions
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 22:00:09 -0500
I am inquiring of the vast knowledge of the list about TR transmissions.

I am in the process of buying a TR4A with what might be a transmission with
straight cut gears.  I am under the impression that this was a performance
option from dealers.  Does anybody know anything about these transmissions?
How were they obtained?  Where were they obtained?  Did you buy a whole
replacement transmission or did you rebuild an existing one?  Was their
intended use
racing?

Tony Rhodes
CTC64342-L (now also -O) possibly with a "racing transmission"