Re: Frame Rust Prevention

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frame Rust Prevention
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (G. Wiederholl)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:31:14 +0100
Although I never liked rust converters this kind of product seems to be the way
to cope with your problem.

Where sand blasting was not possible on my car I used a fluid called Fertan.
Probably something similar is availible in your country. It´s water based. You
spray it inside your frame with a small tube and a nozzle. Wait 1 day . Clean
everything with a lot of water. Former rusted areas will have a  black layer of
something they call "tannin". After everything is dry you can brush or spray on
primer and paint on the survaces. If not accessible as in your frame you should
do rust proofing with a lot of Waxoyl or something similar.

Classic car magzins made trials and they state it workes. How it really workes
on my car I can say maybe in some years.

No financial interest as always.

Regards

Gerhard Wiederholl

TR 6
TR 7 RV

Michael T. schrieb:

> Well, I've got a clean, straight frame sitting on the floor awaiting its
> body.
> There is, however, some surface rust on the inside of the boxed sections I
> can't get to. I could probably put it together and it would be fine for 20
> years. But where would you get a clean Triumph frame in 2018? If I can rust
> proof it now, I'd like to.
>
> Is the a commonly used procedure to remedy this condition?
> Acid dipping? Coating in oil?
>
> Any info would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike