Re: SU Carb Fuel Lines

To: thecrowes@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: SU Carb Fuel Lines
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 06:19:44 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I don't think these are primarily fuel overflows. I believe that they're
 just vapor vents. They're directed towerds the carbs to catch fumes.
 (end snip)

 I agree, but if you had a major carb failure, wouldn't it still spill
 raw gas out of these vents?  (just asking - still sounds like a good
 idea to vent them down away from the exhaust manifold.)

 Frank
    '59 TR3 >>

I think the jet is lower in relation to float bowl lid - it'll pour out there
before the tube. Had a float fail a few years back and gas dripped from the
mouth of the carb not thru the tube.
BTW Grose jets won't help w/ a failed float.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4