Re: Parts washer

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Parts washer
From: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 09:29:08 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Actually, one cup of gasoline has the same explosive power as 18 sticks of
dynomite.  Thirty years ago, as a teenager, when I first read that, I
informed my father, that poor inexperienced fellow that was living at my
house, that that fact was obviously incorrect.  He pointed to a Chevrolet
Impala station wagon in the driveway.  "A gallon of gas will power that car
down the road about 18 miles.  How many sticks of dynomite would it take to
blow that car down the road 18 miles."  I kinda thought that was a good
point even if it did come from that fourty year old geezer.

There are commercialy available solvents.  Use only those.  I have been a
firefighter for 26 years.  Gasoline is nothing to fool with except exactly
as intended

Chris DeStaffany
1966 Herald
1975 Spit