trunnions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: trunnions
From: wsachse@ncinter.net (William Sachse)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:58:04 -0400
Listers-
        When I rehab'd my Tr-3 I had an obvious problem with the fit of the
trunnions and the vertical link.  When I checked out the vertical link I
found them to be worn 0.0040" or more.  My best quess was that new
trunnions would not fit well nor last long when mated to the worn link.  At
that time I do not believe that the parts were available new.  I had the
threaded ends on the link welded up and new threads machined to fit the
trunnions.  So far -so good.  Any comments, similar experiences, or
options?

                                        Bill Sachse
                                        '59Tr-3A
                                        '67Tr4-A