Re: TR3-4 engine swap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3-4 engine swap
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:03:52 -0800
Listers,
        My customer's project from last week of replacing a TR3 engine with a
TR4
engine in a Delmar (apparently a kit car) has been completed, I believe.
Thanks to everyone who advised (in no particular order): Greg, Andy, Terry,
Bruce, Ken, Michael, Keith, Dave , and Gary. I'm not sure of the results...
I did find a TR3 engine completely rebuilt recently, but he was in a rush
and so couldn't wait 2 days. Somehow the transplant was accomplished,
though I suspect it was quick and dirty and we may not want to know the
details. Having found this TR3 engine, I will be glad to facilitate its
delivery to anyone interested. Please email me privately. It's not mine and
I have no interest (though I know the individual). I'd just like to see my
efforts go to some good use. To those that emailed me privately asking for
the details of how to do the swap, I didn't learn anything more than what
was posted to the list.
        Again, thanks to all. I'll try to repay by imparting some knowledge I
may
have, given the opportunity.
Cheers    Peter C
(always looking for the right project)
Peter Caldwell
MGC-GT  , 100-4, '31 MM8 Cammy, Innocenti S,
'52 Champ, '60 L-R 109 SW, 3 '64-73 L-R 88's
nosimport@mailbag.com