Re: Small Triumph Sedans, was My Toledo engine

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Small Triumph Sedans, was My Toledo engine
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 20:12:42 GMT
On 1 Nov 1998, GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> I have never even heard of a
> Toledo, I am just curious, was it a sedan, a sports car, or what.  If
> anybody knows a link to a picture of one, I would be interested in
> looking at one.

Try:

http://www.aston.ac.uk/~parletam/dolomite.html

And even:

http://www.kvaleberg.com/t1300.html

The history behind these cars is fascinating. Started out as FWD, then
Triumph did the only decent thing, and converted to RWD using essentially
the same body shell. (There was also a prototype 4WD, an obvious solution
the circumstances considered, but it never reached production). Ended up
as a real gem: The Dolomite Sprint was quite a capable little car.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92027705 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway