Oil Pressure in TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil Pressure in TR6
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 14:03:43 EST
Cc: teddera@MNSi.Net
I have finally gotten the car to startup easily every time since the carb
rebuild, and as for my oil pressure problem; the oil pressure does read over
the half way mark when cold. But now I notice that as the engine warms up to
normal operating temperature, the oil pressure drops down to "0 psi". and when
I rev the engine I hear what appears to be a rocker noise (oil starved).
Does this mean it is time to drop the oil pan and replace the big-end main
bearings and while I am at it, the thrust washers? Or is there something else
I should check which might be causing this low oil pressure?
Can anyone direct me to a good site with step by step instructions for doing
the big-end main bearing replacement job right?
All advice is greatly welcome.

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6