Re: TR6 Keeps Quitting

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Mike Brinker" <Mike.Brinker@mfasco.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Keeps Quitting
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:35:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
>The other suggestions are all good ones, but I had a similar problem and it
>turned out to be my valve adjustments.
>
>Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
>http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK

Mike

This sounds reasonable. If the lifters are too tight, then when the motor
heats up they will kepp the valves open and the idle will fall.
This is a fairly serious thing, since the valve seats will burn quickly if
they never fully close. TR6s are clattery beasts; perfectly silent valves
indicate an overtight setup. Use the old screw-driver method with the valve
cover off the motor. If you dončt hear any clacking at all, just a general
wearing noise then the lifters are definitely too tight.

Good luck

Mark Hooper
mhooper@pixelsystems.com