Dating a Herald

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dating a Herald
From: Ian Stehlik <ian.stehlik@orana.spirit.net.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:20:06 +1100
Dear Listers

Thank you to the kind listers who sent informative (and humorous!)
links to British Motor Industry Heritage Trust.

>From info gathered so far, it does appear that our G17881, aka Harriet, is
a late 1959 car assembled in Australia.

However, the engine number FE10981 is unusual and was thought by Andrew
Mace to indicate a (non original) 1296cc US spec Spitfire engine.  Andrew,
you asked about the head design - six port or eight.  From looking at the
manifold it appears to me to be a six-port (siamised exhaust ports) head.
Is this significant?  Interested to know your further thoughts!

Ian

Ian Stehlik, Orana School, Canberra, Australia.
Tel 02 6288 4283 (Mon - Thurs), Fax 02 6287 1100
e-mail ian.stehlik@orana.spirit.net.au
Tel (home) 02 6282 4814