Re: TR6 Seat Frames

To: "Frank & Carol Bandre" <bandrece@accessus.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Seat Frames
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:25:12 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Frank,
First thing you should do is call Victoria British and ask for their free
guide on "how to redo your TR6 interior". It's full of color photos and step
by step instructions. I found it invaluable. The passenger seat is skewed to
one side and the seat covers are marked accordingly. I redid my webbing and
pulled it as tight as I could get it. You should also replace the seat
diaphragm if it's stretched or torn. The headrest foam is a solid block
shaped like the headrest with a slit in it ..... the "metal headrest" slides
into the slit in the foam. I'm not sure how TRF does it but there should be
4 separate pieces of foam: headrest, seatback, bottom and a U shaped piece
that goes on the bottom to create the side support. The Vic Brit guide shows
you exactly what upholstery flap goes into which foam slit, what should be
glued and what to stretch and clip. It's really easy to do when you have the
photos as a reference guide. I used 3M spray adhesive. I think there's even
some pictures and text on  my site about my experience.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD