TR3B Frame and Suspension Resto

Subject: TR3B Frame and Suspension Resto
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 18:29:15 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello Everyone,

I'm due to get my frame and suspension back from the shop this Wednesday AM
(they'll keep the body to do some welding on the floorboards and trunk floor
and other misc. body work). The good news is they tell me the frame is in
really good shape. I'm planning on cleaning it up a bit and coating with
Por-15.

I'm going to do a lot of rebuilding of the suspension as well. I'll replace
the front springs and shocks and I have the front-end bushing kit from TRF
that has to go somewhere. I'll take off the rear shocks and have them
rebuilt. Are there any other things I should do while I'm in there and the
body, engine, and trans is gone? Any other words of wisdom of what do look
out for during this process would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty much
planning on what's written in the manuals to do all this (plus I have a
video from TRA on front suspension work to view again).

Thanks for any advice!!!

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire (finally back on road w/ OD and some electrical gotcha's)
62 TR3B (now the fun really begins)