Re: TR6 - Alternator Output

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 - Alternator Output
From: Isaac Crow <isaac@avana.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 08:46:02 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

"R. John Lye" wrote:

> Hi Isaac,
>      You wrote:
> >I just did the conversion on my GT6+ engine, and my part was a
> >#7127-somethin as well.  The application was a 1978 Chevy Truck with
> >350 engine.  I believe the plug was at 3:00.  Wow, what a difference!
>
> How much fabrication did you have to do to mount it and get the
> belts to line up (did the alternator come with a pulley)?  I
> need to put a new alternator on my GT-6+, I think, as it looks
> like the voltage regulator is going.
>
> John Lye
> rjl6n@Virginia.edu

John,
The pulleys (included) line up perfectly, and I had to do no mechanical
modifications (I will be drilling out the mounting block to take the
larger diameter GM alt. bolt, though) to the car or alternator.  To get
the proper range of  adjustment, I had to buy a fancy-dancy chrome
universal alt. adjustment bracket ($10.99, Mr. Gasket), and it bolted
right up to the thermostat housing.  From there, I just connected the
three wires.  Works great.  You may have to use a slightly longer belt.  I
highly recommend this swap!  Be sure to read Dan Master's instructions and
cautions on the VTR website.

--
**Work is the curse of the drinking class. **
      --Oscar Wilde