RE: True or False

To: "'fred thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, thebrowns@pdq.net
Subject: RE: True or False
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 08:50:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Being one of thick skin (some literally, some due to the experiences of
life!) I would like to say that I have two "jap" cars (both Toyota's, which
are two absolutely great cars) and one "jap" wife! By the way, I also speak
"jap" and lived there for over 6 years. My kids are half "jap". Maybe
because I share enthusiasm for Triumph, I should only buy "english" cars?
Come on guys, this is not the 40's! Can't we say "Japanese", and admit that
they make a good car? Good golly, I would hate to think what we'd be forced
to drive from the big 3 (uncapitalization intentional, as my respect for
them is nil) if they had no competition from the Japanese. The difference is
that the Japanese elevated Demming to a God in Japan when it came to SPC;
the big 3 didn't care. It showed.

I've been in the automotive industry for over 12 years, dealing with the
OEMs. There is a reason the japanese cars sell well here: they are very well
built. There are some glitches, like all car companies have (if you ever
have a chance to go on a tour of a car plant, take it. It will open your
eyes as to the complexity of making these hunks of metal run), but on the
whole, they are well run, professional operations. And they employ thousands
upon thousands of Americans. So get off this bashing crap. There is no such
thing as a one country car anymore; they all (including the big 3) buy from
everywhere.

Rant off.

Bryan
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397 xt. 2284
68 TR 250 CD 5853 L (and 2, count 'em, 2, Japanese vehicles!!!!!)