RE: worst british car

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: worst british car
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:57:00 -0500

http://cartalk.cars.com/Survey/Results/Demographics/General/loyalty.html

> It's interesting (to me) that 6 of the top eight manufacturers are
> British, and Triumph ranks second.  (This includes *all* makes of
> automobiles).

Fascinating information. Equally interesting is the next chart, showing
how many people would buy a car from the same _Dealer_. Here Triumph
dealers finished next to dead last, as explained by the CarTalk folk as
follows:
"Recall that in the last chart, about 70 % of all owners would buy the
same car again --considering all factors. But now, considering only the
dealer experience, that percentage has dropped to 38%--almost half. They
hate the dealer!
. . .
At the bottom of the list, you have to eliminate some cars like Triumph,
MG and Fiat; there aren't any dealers, but people hate them on
principle, I guess. But of the vehicles which still do have dealers the
prize for the most hated dealerships goes to...Jaguar!! Followed closely
by...Suzuki and Porsche!"

Jim Hill
Madison WI