Ignition wires

To: <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Subject: Ignition wires
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:49:20 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Yes, those are resistance wires, and are there to eliminate static
interference in your car radio (RFI).  The problem is that they only are
good for 2 or 3 years, and then have to be replaced.  I just finished
replacing mine.  About 1000 ohms is correct.   I don't have a radio in the
car and really wanted solid copper wires which would have lasted many years
longer, but the dealer said they were no longer available and that they
only cars that use them these days are race cars.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR-3B