Re: My 77 Spitfire questions

To: Victor Michael <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: My 77 Spitfire questions
From: Thomas Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:10:53 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 09:42 AM 6/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Snip.....

>Sorry for the long winded email, but it's helping me vent my frustrations.
>And thanks in advance for any replies!

Victor,

Yes, all you connections will be a problem.   If you have special tubing
wrenches, and you are willing to use penatrating oil, wait, tap, wait, etc.
 You may get some loose.   It is sometimes better to just replace.  There
may be some rust in the tubing itself that could give you a leak when you
don't want one.

Radiator.   Yes the stock one is too small.   I would pick up a used spit
one and take it to a good radiator shop and have it re-record with their
best, thickest replacement core.  'pressure test the result as well.  Then
use a bit of  "Wetter Water" from Redline.   You won't have over heating
troubles.  (Until the water pump goes, or unless the engine is clogged, or
if the thermostate is stuck, or the fan belt breaks for slips.....

Tom Howard
'72 GT6 (and a good bit of USA iron)
Lakeside Union School District