Re: TR4 transmission

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vancross@visuallink.com
Subject: Re: TR4 transmission
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:25:15 -0400
Bob,

You'll have to notch the bolt holes on the plate where the trannie mount (rear
motor mount) attaches.  The 0.5" must be made up there since the actual mounts
on the trannie are moved by that much.  Insure that the trannie is a TR4
trannie, and not a TR4A since the TR4A must have a couple of other mods done to
fit it.

Given you're putting on a TR4 trannie, don't worry about the starter, either
fit.  It's just when you're using an early starter with a later trannie that
you have to drill a big hole in the bellhousing for the starter nose to stick
through!

Bruce Clough
CT 2966L