TR-3 Ft Suspension problem

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-3 Ft Suspension problem
From: "Bryce Mack" <bmack@direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 22:01:34 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "George Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, "JAMES_S_WALLACE" <JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com>, "DLM Assoc" <DLMAssoc@aol.com>, "len drake" <drake@direct.ca>
Well as have told some of you I have taken the next 4 wks off to get the
bodywork and frame finished on the '57 TR-3 Smallmouth finished!!!

In order to finance the project I took on the body & paint of a '64 Healey
Spridget. (Yes I do know body & paint).....

So the Spridget is here and while we were unloading it out of my pickup I
got the guys to help me take off the "3" tub (for the 2nd time)....

Now my problem....

Looking from the FRONT of the car.

The suspension looks lopsided, the left side is on the rebound rubber but
the right is not, the right has a MOOG spacer in the coil which I anticipate
means problems anyway!

If I am taking apart the suspension to do a MOSS major suspension kit anyway
should I replace the trunions and balljoints and COILS or what????

My anticipation is that if the body is off even with the new engine etc it
should sit up!!!! The thing that holds it up are the springs, unless
SOMETHING is siezed DOWN....

Gentlemen....your honest and humble consideration to this matter would be
appreciated and furthermore....dammit just like you I got little cash to put
into this venture......

Yours Truly,

Bryce Mack

Ps: Got a good used drivers side ft fender hanging around????