Re: TR6 Tune up

To: Rich Blair <rdblair@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Tune up
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:53:30 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Rich:

If you want to do it right, which will save you in the long run, and
you believe that your 6 hasn't been tuned for some time, then I'd
suggest
the following:

1.      plugs (if you decide to go with Lucas Sports Coil, gap at .035")
2.      distributor wires
3.      Lucas Sports Coil
4.      condensor
5.      points (distributor)
6.      distributor cap
7.      set the rocker gaps
8.      set the timing
9.      THEN tune the carbs

I'm sure I'm missing something that the list can add, but this will work
wounders on a poorly tuned and neglected car.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6