TR4-TR6 front fender mount h/w

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4-TR6 front fender mount h/w
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:26:39 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I talked to the local hardware store and I can get oval head
stainless screws.  They would be #14 size, 3/4" long.

Such a screw would be suitable for holding on the front fenders on a TR4
or TR6.  They are slightly smaller than the stock screw, but that can be
remedied by using a different speed-nut on the fender side.

I can get a little or a lot; if interest is shown, I will buy lots of them
and "distribute" them.  It will cost me about $30 for 100 screws; 16 are
required per car.

Differences from stock: head is smaller and ROBERTSON drive.  For you
'murikans, that's Square-Recess, I think.  I guess I'd buy some bulk
driver bits and pop one in the package.  Also, the thread is NOT Acme
double-lead, or whatever Triumph used... Acme threads are overkill for
this kind of work.  The threads are wood-screw type, with plenty of
shoulder on them; they shouldn't break under the light load of the fender.

Is anyone interested?  I'm guessing that $10US would cover 16 screws,
postage, a driver bit, and maybe a sample speed-nut (I can't find em for
cheap... 0.60 each).

let me know,
-Malcolm