RE: non-functional rear brakes

To: "'Allen Nugent'" <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Subject: RE: non-functional rear brakes
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:28:33 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> BTW, a friend of mine reckons copper brake lines will work-harden and
> fatigue, due to vibration, and that I should stick with the factory
> steel
> ones. Any comments from the Listers?
>
> Allen Nugent

I never had a problem with copper pipes. Fact is, that he is right, but
your brake line should be mounted in a way, that there is as little
vibration as possible anyway. There are different types of copper lines
available, the pure copper pipes and so called kunifer pipes that have a
lower copper content, dunno what the rest of it is.

Gernot