CC 29060

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: CC 29060
From: Neil Penberthy <n.penberthy@liant.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:24:09 -0500
Well the disease has struck. I was passing one of the local workshops that
does work on foreign cars and noticed that the collection of old cars out
front had disappeared. So I stopped by a couple of days ago and the place
has changed hands.

I had been by and looked at the assorted MGs (mainly rubber bumper uglies-
MHO), a TR and a Jag or two some years ago. He wanted $3500 for the TR at
the time. Well the new owner is a little easier to negotiate with so I am
now the proud owner of 1969 TR6 CC 29060.

The car needs quite a lot of work. The floors I hope to be salvageable, the
head has been off the motor for at least 3 years. I understand the cost of
the head work prevented the previous owner from fixing the car so I hope
the other mechanicals can revived. They better had because this came at bad
time if things get too costly - is there ever a good one ? The front LHS
fender needs replacement, but this looks quite simple ? The rest of the
metalwork look very good considering it has spent at least 3 years in the
open (albeit it in Texas).

As was commented on recently the cost of this type of project car in the UK
is so high, now I'm in TX I just couldn't pass this one up. Sorry UK
listers. I have always wanted a TR6 from boyhood so I am very excited  -
can you tell !! I hope you'll all forgive the soon to follow flow of
questions about the new beast as I've little experience with non- SC
Triumphs. Now I just have to move the thing to the temporary location I had
to find for the fix up period, as I've run out of garage / driveway space.

Regards

Neil

1973 MkIV Spitfire FH43505
1969 TR6 CC 29060