Re: tr6 vacuum hoses

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: tr6 vacuum hoses
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:25:00 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Peter Zaborski wrote:

> I need some new ones. TRF does list them but this seems like something that
> any large center would have access to. I just don't know where to look. I
> tried a local auto parts store and the largest vacuum hose they carry is
> 7/32". 15/32" seems like a potentially odd size but that's what's needed to
> make the nice air tight fit.

Have you tried heater hose yet?  (1/2?)

You may also be able to get 12mm hose; check at an industrial supply
place.  The fellow I work for bought some (along with 2" ID fuel hose) to
replace the plumbing between the fuel tank & fuel filler on his Toyota
truck.  Some bimbo decided that he needed the gas more than we did :-(

I still have the leftover piece of hose.  I will root around tonight
(or tomorrow) and see if I can find it.  If I do, I'll measure it.

If the 1/2 hose is too big, and you *need* to replace the hose, black
vinyl tape works well to bush up the fittings.

-Malcolm