Perfect Father's Day

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Perfect Father's Day
From: Mark Milotay <otmc@bc1.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:12:07 -0700
I had the best Father's day of my short time as a stepfather (2yrs). I had
a lovely breakfast with my wife and stepdaughters. Received a great shirt
with various fishing flies stencilled on it (another passion of mine). I
then went out and spent another hour polishing and cleaning my car (2 hours
the night before).

I then spent a wonderful day at the the Victoria, B.C. All British Picnic.
Met Malcolm from the list and saw what I believe to be Rod's TR. Handed out
flyers for the local Triumph owners group. Had a wonderful picnic with my
stepfather (another British sportscar enthusiast). There were tonnes of
beautiful cars there as Malcolm detailed yesterday.

This was topped with a quiet dinner with my girls, while their mother was
off at her opera rehearsal. Upon her returning home, I took a sunset drive
out the penisula following all of the country roads. Just as it was geting
dark I returned home along the highway, openning the throttle right up. I
believe that I may have broken the speed limit, but with my broken speedo
cable that was hard to determine ;) On the second last straight away, I
blew a very smooth looking fellow driving a Miata right out of the water.
As I crested the rise before the final straight-a-way (sp?) I was about to
hammer the pedal to the floor, when I spotted a photo radar van in the
distance. I put the brakes firmly on bringing my speed down to what I
believed to be 80km/h and cruised the final way home. The run was spent
looping Steppenwolf's  Born to Be Wild on my CD player.

Life doesn't get much better than this.

Happy belated father's day to the rest of the list.

Mark Milotay
'80 Spit