Re: Cutoff Date for 1970/71 TR6

To: Brian Ricker <brianr@mvp.net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cutoff Date for 1970/71 TR6
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:19:19 -0600
Brian,
Few authorities record or agree on the '70-'71 changeover point, as Triumph
apparently counted those 2 models together.  Rossi & Clark's book (The
Triumph TR5/250 and TR6 Companion) has the 1st '71 as CC58298.
Few actual model changes were apparently made:  they include the addition
of anodized trim rings and small rectangular reflectors mounted below the
tail lights (although some '70's have them too).  The '70's turning radius
is listed as 34' compared to 33' previously.
Title year doesn't necessarily correspond to model year - depending on when
it was sold and registered.  Mine (CC55899L) has a July 2, '70 build date,
but was titled as a '72 when I got it.
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L