Re: ARGHGHGHGH ! (Sybill won't start)

To: carol@dalton-rosberg.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ARGHGHGHGH ! (Sybill won't start)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:57:56 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-16 12:52:12 EDT, carol@dalton-rosberg.com writes:

> Book has many diagrams/schematics.  How do I disconnect this bloody
>  annoying English built-in short-circuit system ????

Carol,

A piece of cake! Just short the white/orange wire to the white/red wire at the
seat belt module. You probably don't have to remove the plug, but I don't know
that for sure, so I recommend that you do. Be careful where you place the
loose plug, as the purple wire is hot all the time, and the white wire is hot
when the key is on. You don't want the terminals these wires connect to coming
into contact with ground.

I have a spare module in my shop, so I will test it to see if there is any
reason why you can't just short the above wires together and leave the plug in
place, and I'll let you know later.

If you prefer, just cut the two wires off of the plug and splice them
together. If you do this, then you can for sure leave the plug in place.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74