brazing

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: brazing
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm now a self-taught Master Of Welding (in progress...)

But I'll need to know how to braze in order to install the captured nuts
into the back of my B-Post.

I thought about welding them, and then I thought that brazing wouldn't
invite the metal to warp so much.

I have a Victor oxy-acetylene kit, with 4 tips: #000, #0, #2, & #4.  The
000 is what gets used on sheet metal.  I also have some Lincoln brass
electrodes (I think- my brother bought them & tried to braze w/ a propane
torch... not work)

Will I be able to braze with this setup?  Which tip should I use?  (I'm
thinking the 0, but it's a bit gummy... the 000 is nicer (newer))  How hot
does the metal(s) have to get?  Should I forget the flux-coated gunk and
buy some filler rod from the welding supply house?  Or is it the same
stuff?

thanks,
-Malcolm