Re: 4 wheel discs - prepare to die ?!?

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: 4 wheel discs - prepare to die ?!?
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:28:27 +0000
Cc: danmas@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
dterrick@pangea.ca wrote:

> However,  fitting the lines the correct way 'round didn;t cahnge
> everything.  GT6's still have no brakes compared to VW's and other modern
> cars.  I now can lock up all 4 wheels in well balanced form.
>
> To those wanting a 4 wheel disc conversion I say - fine if it is for show -
> but first fit GT6 front brakes (TR6 calipers)  on a spit and see what
> deceleration really means.

Once you have done that, fit Austin Princess 4 Pot calipers, or SD1
calipers to the GT6 disks, on the standad vertical link.  If you go to a
scrap yard youself, and buy an overhaull kit you'll get it at a quater
the standad price.  Covert the rear hubs to GT6 hubs.

I am looking into the posibility of Metro 4 pot calipers, like wot mine
had, mabe vented disks with that!!!  Oh I think Metro's had that valve
you are talking about, but you have to get early ones because they are
imperial.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot