Re: Crankcase pressure

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Crankcase pressure
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 20:34:42 -0700
Cc: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe-

I have similar config:  74 Fed 1500 w/9:1 and cam in MKII.  I had lots
of pressure when the rebuild was new.  It has subsided some.  But I
think the problem is related to the undersized vent in the Rocker
cover.  A good racing breather would be better, but I have not tried it
yet.

I'll bet your car is a real stump puller!  My latest refinement is the
addition of the OD transmission.  It still has the 411 rear.

Put a late model front sway bar on it, if you have not yet done so.
Really keeps it flat.

Good luck
--
Brian W. Neuschwander